EMORY, Va. – The Emory & Henry College Department of Athletics and Interim Director of Athletics Anne Crutchfield are pleased to announce the hiring of several assistants across the department.
- Hannah Clementson, who spent the 2016-17 academic year as an Athletic Training Intern has been elevated to Assistant Athletic Trainer. She will work with the baseball, men's & women's swimming and volleyball teams this year.
- Cole Ross, a 2015 graduate of East Carolina University, is also a new Assistant Athletic Trainer. He will oversee football and men's basketball.
- JeJuan French and Randi Wright are the new Athletic Training Interns. French graduated from Western Michigan University in 2016 and will assist with the football team while also working with men's & women's golf. Wright, a 2017 graduate of West Virginia University, will cover men's & women's cross country and cheerleading & dance.
- Megan Jacoby ('17) joins the staff as an assistant coach after completing a successful four-year career on the court. She holds every school record for assists and was a three-time All-ODAC selection. Jacoby will work primarily with the Wasps' point guards.
- Matt Kardulis ('15) returns to Emory & Henry after spending the 2016 season on the football staff at Frostburg State University. A four-year letterwinner in the defensive backfield for the Wasps (2011-13, 15), Kardulis moves to the other side of the ball, and will coach the running backs.
Men's & Women's Golf
- Brent Treash ('01) will take on assistant coach responsibilities in addition to his full-time duties in the College's communications office. He was a member of the E&H golf team as an undergraduate and will provide assistance during practice as well as competitions.
- Brian Butler ('12), a central defender during his time with the Wasps (2008-11) joins the staff at E&H after spending three years as a high school assistant coach at Shelby (N.C.) High School (2012, 2014) and Abingdon High School (2016).
Men's & Women's Swimming
- Rachel Curtiss comes to Emory & Henry after spending the 2016-17 season at Washington College in Chestertown, Maryland. A 2014 graduate of Middlebury College, Curtiss has also coached collegiately at Vanderbilt University and summer league at Fieldstone Farm Aquatics.
Men's & Women's Tennis
- Emily Henderson joins the E&H staff after a stellar four-year career at ODAC-rival Roanoke College. A 2017 graduate of Roanoke, Henderson was a three-time all-conference honoree.
Men's & Women's Track & Field
- Matt Roden comes to Emory & Henry with five years of NCAA Division I coaching experience at Elon University. A 2005 graduate of UNC-Wilmington, Roden was a two-time conference champion in the hammer throw (2002, Big South Conference - Coastal Carolina Univ.; 2005, Colonia Athletic Association - UNC-Wilmington).
- Theresa Costanzo comes to Emory & Henry with a strong background in club and high school volleyball. She has worked with the Academy Volleyball Cleveland and Ohio Xtreme clubs in addition to Charles F. Brush High School and Cuyahoga Valley Christian Academy.