EMORY, Va. – The Randolph-Macon College Baseball Team (8-2, 2-0 ODAC) picked up a pair of wins over Emory & Henry College (6-3, 0-2 ODAC) Saturday to open Old Dominion Athletic Conference play. The losses snapped a six-game winning streak for the Wasps.
GAME ONE – Randolph-Macon 19, Emory & Henry 6
GAME TWO – Randolph-Macon 22, Emory & Henry 5 (seven innings)
LOCATION – Emory, Virginia
VENUE – Porterfield/DeVault Field
RECORDS – Emory & Henry (6-3, 0-2 ODAC); Randolph-Macon (8-2, 2-0 ODAC)
- Randolph-Macon got on the board with four runs in the top of the second. The Yellow Jackets pushed the margin to 5-0 thanks to a solo home run by Cole Migliorini in the third.
- E&H made the score 5-1 in the bottom half of the third when junior right fielder Ben Sexton (Lebanon, Va.) flared a single to left centerfield.
- RMC blew the game open with nine runs in the fourth to go up 14-1, highlighted by home runs by Jeff Butler and Reece Yeargain.
- The Jackets added five more runs before the Wasps put up a run in the bottom of the eighth and four in the ninth to make the final margin 19-6.
- Colin Selby earned the win for RMC, scattering one unearned run and five hits over five innings of work with seven strikeouts.
- Wasp junior Gavin Felty (Bristol, Va.) suffered the loss, allowing nine runs on 11 hits in 3.2 innings.
- Emory & Henry jumped out to a 2-0 lead in the bottom of the first, highlighted by a RBI single by junior third baseman Eli Straw (Radford. Va.).
- The Yellow Jackets unleashed a swarm of offense in the second frame, scoring 13 runs including a grand slam by Joe Tuzzolo. RMC added four markers in the third to go up 17-2.
- Emory & Henry scored twice in the third but five runs late by the Yellow Jackets paired with a run in the bottom of the seventh for the Wasps made the final score 22-5.
- The game was called after seven innings due to darkness.
- Daniel Lachance picked up the win in relief for RMC with a perfect inning. E&H sophomore Toby Robson (Blythewood, S.C.) took the loss despite allowing just one earned run.
- Emory & Henry will remain at home on Tuesday when it steps out of ODAC play to host Maryville (Tenn.) College at 3:00 p.m.