GREENSBORO, N.C. – The Greensboro College Baseball Team (14-17) scored five runs in the seventh inning to break open a 2-2 game en route to a 7-2 win over visiting Emory & Henry College (9-13) Monday afternoon.
FINAL SCORE – Greensboro 7, Emory & Henry 2
LOCATION – Greensboro, North Carolina
VENUE – Ted Leonard Park
RECORDS – Emory & Henry (9-13, 2-10 ODAC); Greensboro (14-17, 8-10 USA South)
How It Happened
- Emory & Henry got the scoring started in the top of the second on a double steal by junior third baseman Ross French (Bridgewater, Va.) and junior right fielder Ben Sexton (Lebanon, Va.).
- The Pride went ahead 2-1 in the bottom of the frame as Hunter Curtis and Cameron Peters each notched RBI base hits.
- In the top of the fifth, a single to left field by Sexton tied the contest at two runs apiece.
- Greensboro retook the lead, 3-2, in the bottom of the seventh on a double down the left field line by Tyler Price. The Pride would end up scoring five runs in the frame as they took a 7-2 advantage which they would hold through the finals two innings for the final score.
- Eli Moravick picked up the win in relief, pitching 4.1 innings of shutout baseball and allowing just two hits.
- Wasp freshman J.T. Agosto (Cornelius, N.C.) suffered the loss, allowing five runs on five hits in relief. Freshman Noah Griffin (Fort Mill, S.C.) got a no decision in the start, pitching 5.1 innings.
- Emory & Henry will return home on Wednesday for a non-conference game against Bluefield College at 3:00 p.m.
- It will be the first time since the 2014 season that the Wasps and Rams have met on the diamond.