BRISTOL, Va. – The Intermont Equestrian at Emory & Henry College IDA Team picked up a win in its first competition of the season Sunday. The Wasps finished first out of six teams in the field, and E&H riders won two out of the four levels on the day.
Team Place – 1st/6 - 15 points
Location – Bristol, Virginia; Emory & Henry College Equestrian Center
Upper Training Level
- Freshman Katie Maharis (Howard Beach, N.Y.) was second in the test (72.885%) riding as an individual.
- Junior Eli Worth-Jones (Abingdon, Va.) posted a fourth-place finish for E&H, scoring a 70.577%.
Lower Training Level
- Senior Taylor Carroll (Garner, N.C.) won her test with a score of 72.391% to take top points for the team.
- Senior Sierra Davenport (Chilhowie, Va.) was second in the class on a 71.087% while sophomore Delaney Oursler (Hickory, N.C.) took fifth (69.130%).
- Sophomore Emily Johnston (Gloucester, Va.) finished first by nearly three-and-a-half points (75.938%) to win the level, riding as an individual.
- Senior Hannah Phillips (Virginia Beach, Va.) placed fourth in the division on 70.000%, riding for the team.
- Junior Galen Reyes (Hixson, Tenn.) took seventh with a score of 68.125% as an individual.
- The Wasps' 15 points gave them the win by four points over the University of Virginia (11 points).
- Bridgewater College was third with eight points while Ferrum College was fourth (seven points).
- Bridgewater's Nicole Hylton earned High-Point Rider of the Day with her score of 77.222% which won the First Level.
- Johnston claimed Reserve High-Point Rider of the Day accolades with her win in the Introductory Level.
- The Intermont Equestrian IDA Team's next show is on Sunday, October 2 at Bridgewater.
|1.||Emory & Henry||15|
-photo courtesy of Mandy Snow