BRIDGEWATER, Va. – The Intermont Equestrian at Emory & Henry College IDA Team made it back-to-back show wins to start the season with a victory Sunday at Bridgewater College.
TEAM PLACE – 1st/6 - 16 points
LOCATION – Bridgewater, Virginia; Bridgewater College Equestrian Center
- Senior Mandy Snow (Bradford, Maine) started the day with a third-place finish for E&H, scoring an even 70.00%.
- Freshman Sydney Casady (Harriman, Tenn.) finished eighth (66.56%) in her first collegiate competition as an individual.
Upper Training Level
- Junior Eli Worth-Jones (Abingdon, Va.) won the level by 5.77 percentage points with a score of 73.65%.
- Freshman Katie Maharis (Howard Beach, N.Y.) was second in the test (67.88%), riding as an individual.
Lower Training Level
- Senior Taylor Carroll (Garner, N.C.) took second her test with a score of 70.65%.
- Senior Hannah Phillips (Virginia Beach, Va.) placed fourth in the division on 64.90%, clinching the victory for the team.
- The Wasps' 16 points gave them the win by three points over the Virginia Tech (13 points).
- Bridgewater was third with eight points while Radford University took fourth (four points).
- Virginia Tech's Erin Mitchell, who rode as an individual, was named High-Point Rider of the Day with a score of 78.12% which won the First Level.
- Emily Thomas of Bridgewater took Reserve High-Point Rider of the Day honors with a 76.09% in her First Level test.
- The Intermont Equestrian IDA Team's next show is on Sunday, October 30 at Virginia Tech.
|1.||Emory & Henry||16|
-photo courtesy of Mandy Snow