CHRISTIANSBURG, Va. – The Intermont Equestrian at Emory & Henry College IDA Team made it three wins in a row on the 2016-17 season with a victory Sunday at Virginia Tech.
Team Place – 1st/6 - 13 points
Location – Christiansburg, Virginia; Flanagan Stables
- Senior Nick Martino (Bel Air, Md.) began competition with a third-place finish.
- Senior Hannah Phillips (Virginia Beach, Va.) placed second in the division to clinch the win for the Wasps.
- Sophomore Emily Johnston (Gloucester, Va.) was fifth in her Intro ride.
- The Wasps' 13 points gave them the win over host Virginia Tech.
- Maharis claimed Reserve High-Point Rider of the Day accolades with her victory in the Upper Training Level.
- The Intermont Equestrian IDA Team's next show is on Saturday, November 19 at Emory & Henry. The First Level test will begin at 10:00 a.m.