BRISTOL, Va. – The Intermont Equestrian at Emory & Henry College IDA Team completed the fall portion of the season with an undefeated record, winning at home on Saturday. The Wasps won three of the four levels of competition and swept the major individual awards.
TEAM PLACE – 1st/5 - 19 points
LOCATION – Bristol, Virginia; Emory & Henry College Equestrian Center
- Senior Nick Martino (Bel Air, Md.) started the day with a second-place finish for the Wasps, scoring a 67.222% in his test.
- Senior Mandy Snow (Bradford, Maine) placed fifth in the class on a score of 65.185%, riding as an individual.
Upper Training Level
- Junior Eli Worth-Jones (Abingdon, Va.) won the level with a ride of 67.692%, his second win of the season.
- Freshman Katie Maharis (Howard Beach, N.Y.) was sixth (64.423%), riding as an individual.
Lower Training Level
- Senior Sierra Davenport (Chilhowie, Va.), riding individually, posted a 69.130% to win the level while sophomore Delaney Oursler (Hickory, N.C.) was third on 68.043%.
- Senior Taylor Carroll (Garner, N.C.) took fourth for the team, scoring a 67.739%.
- Senior Cassie Pierz (Saddle River, N.J.) was fifth in the division on a 66.304%.
- Senior Hannah Phillips (Virginia Beach, Va.) won the division with a score of 69.063%, clinching the victory for the team.
- Sophomore Emily Johnston (Gloucester, Va.) was third (67.188%) and junior Galen Reyes (Hixson, Tenn.) was fifth (64.063%) respectively, riding as individuals.
- The Wasps' 19 points gave them the win by five points over the Virginia Tech (14 points).
- The University of Virginia was third with nine points while Ferrum College (three points) and Radford University (one point) rounded out the field.
- Davenport earned High-Point Rider of the Day honors thanks to her win in the Lower Training Level.
- Phillips' ride in the Introductory Level earned her Reserve High-Point Rider of the Day accolades.
- Emory & Henry has completed the fall portion of its dressage schedule. The next IDA show will be on Saturday, March 25 at Virginia Tech.
- E&H will next be in action on Saturday, December 3 when it competes in the second of four Tournament of Champions Series shows. Ohio University and Stonegate Farm will serve as the event's hosts.
|1.||Emory & Henry||19|