LEXINGTON, Ky. - The Intermont Equestrian at Emory & Henry College IHSA Team completed the season on Saturday at the 2017 Intercollegiate Horse Shows Association National Finals. The Wasps finished eighth in the nation as a team, and had several standout performances from individuals including a national championship from Morgan Sollenberger (Concord, N.C.).
TEAM FINISH – 8th/16
LOCATION – Lexington, Kentucky; The Kentucky Horse Park
- Sollenberger made it three-straight years with an individual national championship from the IHSA with her win in Alumni Equitation Over Fences. She also competed in Alumni Equitation on the Flat.
- Senior Nick Martino (Bel Air, Md.) finished 19th in the USEF/Cacchione Cup, a competition between the season high-point riders from 38 regions across the country.
- Junior Eli Worth-Jones (Abingdon, Va.) was eighth in Walk/Trot/Canter Equitation while freshman Bobbie Jo Adsit (Montpelier, Va.) was ninth in Novice Equitation on the Flat.
- Adsit posted the team's best finish in the Collegiate Cup competition, winning at Novice Equitation Over Fences. She also competed at Intermediate Equitation on the Flat.
- Freshman Kelsey Bergman (Christiansburg, Va.) rode at Walk/Trot while junior Galen Reyes (Hixson, Tenn.) competed in Walk/Trot/Canter.
- Worth-Jones showed in Novice Flat while freshman Madison McKinsey (Waynesboro, Va.) participated in Intermediate Over Fences.
- Martino rode in Open on the Flat while sophomore Francisco Caba-Guil (Almería, SPAIN) contended in Open Over Fences.
- Savannah College of Art & Design claimed the team National Championship while the Reserve Champion was Centenary (N.J.) University.
- Katherine Steiner of Centenary took home the USEF/Cacchione Cup.