WEYERS CAVE, Va. – The Intermont Equestrian at Emory & Henry College IDA Team put up a perfect score of 21 on Sunday to win its 18th straight Region H Championship. With the victory, the Wasps qualify for the Intercollegiate Dressage Association National Championship later this month.
TEAM PLACE – 1st/4
SITE – Weyers Cave, Virginia
VENUE – Bridgewater College Equestrian Center
Upper Training Level
- Sophomore Cassandra Oliver (Charlotte, Vt.) scored a 68.65% to notch a first-place finish.
Lower Training Level
- Sophomore Bobbie Jo Adsit (Montpelier, Va.) won the Level on a 69.57% for the team.
- Junior Delaney Oursler (Hickory, N.C.) was third (65.22%) and senior Odessa Thacker (Yorktown, Va.) took eighth.
- Freshman Delaney Dunne (Kingsport, Tenn.) completed the sweep for the Wasps with a win at the Introductory Level (75%).
- Sophomore Zachary Will (Nanjemoy, Md.) was fourth on a 68.13%.
- Dunne was named High-Point Rider of the Day with her victory in Intro while Elana Silverstein of the University of Virginia was the Reserve High-Point Rider of the Day.
- Virginia Tech took second as a team while Bridgewater College was third.
- With its Region H Championship, Emory & Henry has qualified for the IDA National Show as a team.
- Ginn, Oliver and Adsit were the season individual champions and will earned automatic qualification to compete on individual day.
- The Reserve Individual Champions as well as Bridgewater College, the Reserve Champion Team from Region H will be placed into "wild card" contention with the other reserve champions from across the country.
- The "wild card" qualifiers will be announced by the IDA as each of the regions across the country complete their seasons.
- Emory & Henry will next compete at the 2018 IDA National Championships, hosted by Lake Erie College in Mentor, Ohio.
- The three-day show will run from Friday, April 27 through Sunday, April 29.