BRISTOL, Tenn. – The Emory & Henry College Men's Golf Team will return to the links on Monday morning for the King Invitational. The Wasps will be the lone NCAA Division III team in the two-day, 36-hole event.
Tournament – King University Invitational
Format – Stroke Play/36 holes/5-count-4
Course – Country Club of Bristol
Location – Bristol, Tennessee
Length – 6,474 Yards
Par – 35-35 – 70
- Monday's first tee time is set for 10:34 a.m. E&H's No. 5 golfer will be the first off, with the remaining four players starting in reverse-seed order.
Competing Teams (7)
- King (Tenn.) Univeristy – host (NCAA Division II – Conference Carolinas)
- Emory & Henry College
- Erskine College (NCAA Division II – Conference Carolinas)
- North Greenville University (NCAA Division II – Conference Carolinas)
- Pfeiffer University (NCAA Division II – Conference Carolinas)
- Queens University of Charlotte (NCAA Division II – South Atlantic Conference)
- Trevecca Nazarene Univeristy (NCAA Division II – Great Midwest Athletic Conference)
- University of Virginia's College at Wise (NCAA Division II - Mountain East Conference)
- Freshman Carlos Andrade (Samborondón, ECUADOR) qualified automatically for this tournament by virtue of his Top-10 finish at the Shenandoah Invitational.
- Freshmen Richard Fishwick (Roanoke, Va.) and Ben Owen (Rogersville, Tenn.) will be competing in their second tournament of the year as well.
- Senior T.J. Widener (Damascus, Va.) and junior Matthew Largen (Abingdon, Va.) will make their collegiate debut this week.
-photo courtesy of Joe Matthews