ASHLAND, Va. – The Emory & Henry College Men's Golf Team is 15th out of 18 competing teams after round one of the Ted Keller Memorial Monday. The tournament is being hosted by Randolph-Macon College at the Hanover Country Club
Tournament – Ted Keller Memorial
Format – Stroke Play/36 holes/5-count-4
Course – Hanover Country Club
Location – Ashland, Virginia
Length – 6,679 Yards
Par – 34-36 – 70
Emory & Henry
- As a team, Emory & Henry shot a +56 (336) in the opening round.
- The Wasps are six strokes out of 14th place behind the Wesley (Delaware) College (+50/330). Virginia State University is in 16th, trails the Wasps by two strokes (338/+58).
- Freshman Carlos Andrade (Guayaquil, ECUADOR) is tied for fifth after shooting a +3 (73).
- Freshman Richard Fishwick (Roanoke, Va.) is tied for 66th after a round one 86 (+16) while freshman Ben Owen (Rogersville, Tenn.) is one behind tied for 71st (87/+17)
- Junior Matthew Largen (Abingdon, Va.) and senior T.J. Widener (Damascus, Va.) shot 90 and 95, respectively for the Wasps.
- Dane Sethre-Hofstad of Gettysburg leads the way after shooting an even-par 70 on his first 18 holes.
- Franklin & Marshall College leads the tournament after shooting 297 (+17) with two players in the top three and ties.
- Marymount University is second (305/+25) while Ferrum College, Bridgwater College and Gettysburg College are tied for third after carding a team 309 (+29).
- Emory & Henry will complete play in the Ted Keller Memorial University Invitational with 18 more holes of golf on Tuesday. Play will begin with a shotgun start at 9:00 a.m.
-photo courtesy of Joe Matthews