ST. HELENA ISLAND, S.C. – The Emory & Henry College Men's Golf Team is in seventh place out of 13 teams after 36 holes at the TaylorMade/adidas Intercollegiate. The tournament is being played at the Cotton Dike Course at the Dataw Island Club and hosted by Ohio Wesleyan University.
The Wasps currently have two of their five players in the top 20 of the 86-man field.
Tournament – TaylorMade/adidas Intercollegiate
Format – Stroke Play/54 holes/5-count-4
Course – Cotton Dike Course at the Dataw Island Club
Location – St. Helena Island, South Carolina
Length – 6,718 Yards
Par – 36-36 – 72
- The Wasps finished round one in ninth place, shooting a team score of 324 (+36).
- Sophomore Ryan Hyatt (Bristol, Va.) shot an opening round 77 (+5) to tie for 24th.
- Freshman Carlos Andrade (Guayaquil, ECUADOR) carded a 78 (+6) while freshman Richard Fishwick (Roanoke, Va.) went +9 (81).
- Sophomore Wes Blaylock (Bristol, Va.) and freshman Ben Owen (Rogersville, Tenn.) shot 88 and 90, respectively.
- The Wasps moved up two spots during the second round shooting nine strokes better (315) than they did in the morning round.
- Andrade put up a 74 (+3) to move up to 14th-place overall with a total score of 152 (+8). Hyatt duplicated his round one score of 77 to finish the day +10 (154).
- Blaylock improved by nine strokes from the morning round, shooting a 79 (+7) and has a total score of 167 (+23) while Fishwick shot a total of 169 (+25) on the day.
- Owen shot 85 in the second round for a Day One score of 175 (+31).
- Indian Hills Community College of Iowa is the team leader with a score of +8 (584). IHCC also has the top four players and eight of the top 10 and ties. Leading the individual race is Ricky Sanders of Indian Hills with a score of -3 (141).
- Emory & Henry will complete play in the TaylorMade/adidas Intercollegiate with a final 18 holes of golf on Tuesday. Play will begin with a shotgun start at 9:30 a.m.