NELLYSFORD, Va. – The Emory & Henry College Men's Golf Team is ninth out of 11 competing teams after Round One of the 2017 Old Dominion Athletic Conference Championships Sunday. Due to inclement weather in the forecast, championship officials elected to begin Round Two on Sunday as well and will resume play in the event at the point of interruption on Monday.
Tournament – 2017 Old Dominion Athletic Conference Championship
Format – Stroke Play/54 holes/5-count-4
Course – Stoney Creek Golf Course (Monocan/Shamokin)
Location – Nellysford, Virginia – Wintergreen Resort
Length – 6,935 Yards
Par – 36-36 – 72
- Freshman Carlos Andrade (Guayaquil, ECUADOR) leads the Wasps after shooting a +4 (76) and is tied for 12th.
- Sophomore Wes Blaylock (Bristol, Va.) and freshman Tanner Carter (Saltville, Va.) are tied for 36th with a score of 84 (+12) while senior T.J. Widener (Damascus, Va.) is two strokes behind in a tie for 43rd (+14; 86).
- Freshman Ben Owen (Rogersville, Tenn.) rounds out the field for E&H with an 87 (+15) in Round One to sit in a tie for 46th.
- Josh Hill of Guilford College and Matt McDonagh of Randolph-Macon College lead the field after shooting an even-par 72.
- Guilford leads the team competition with a 294 (+6) while Washington and Lee University is eight strokes behind (+14; 302). Hampden-Sydney College is third in the event after carding a +18 (306).
- Emory & Henry will continue play in the 2017 ODAC Championship on Monday.