NELLYSFORD, Va. – The Emory & Henry College Men's Golf Team completed its Renaissance year on Tuesday with the third – and final – round of the 2017 Old Dominion Athletic Conference Championship. The Wasps finished 10thh in the championship with a pair of players in the top 30 overall.
Tournament – 2017 Old Dominion Athletic Conference Championship
Format – Stroke Play/54 holes/5-count-4
Course – Stoney Creek Golf Course (Monocan/Shamokin)
Location – Nellysford, Virginia – Wintergreen Resort
Length – 6,935 Yards
Par – 36-36 – 72
- Freshman Carlos Andrade (Guayaquil, ECUADOR) finished first for the Wasps and tied for 15th overall, shooting a +10 (82) on the final day of the tournament. He completes the event with a score of +18 (76-76-82 – 234).
- Freshman Ben Owen (Rogersville, Tenn.) moved up three more places on the final day of competition with a team-best 78 (+6) to finish 30th. Owen carded a +27 (87-78-78 – 243) on the weekend.
- Sophomore Wes Blaylock (Bristol, Va.) jumped five spots on Tuesday with a score of +9 (81) to tie for 41st. He notched an overall score of +40 (84-91-81 – 256).
- Senior T.J. Widener (Damascus, Va.) was fourth for E&H and 46thh overall in the event. He finished the 54-hole tournament at +46 (86-87-89 – 262).
- Freshman Tanner Carter (Saltville, Va.) posted an overall score of 270 (84-89-97) to finish 51st overall (+54).
- Guilford College claimed the ODAC Championship with a score of +25 (294-294-301 - 889), placing all five of its competitors in the top eight and ties. Washington and Lee University was the conference runner up, 24 strokes behind at +49.
- Josh Hill earned medalist honors, leading the tournament wire-to-wire with an overall score of +2 (72-71-75 – 218). Hill held off teammate Kell Graham in a playoff to clinch the victory.