WILLIAMSBURG, Va. – The Emory & Henry College Men's Golf Team finished 13th at the Glenn Heath Shipbuilder Memorial on Tuesday. The two-day, 36-hole event hosted by The Apprentice School wrapped up the regular season for the Wasps.
Tournament – Glenn Heath Shipbuilders Memorial
Host – The Apprentice School
Format – Stroke Play/36 holes/5-count-4
Course – Williamsburg Golf Club
Location – Williamsburg, Virginia
Par – 36-36 - 72
- Junior Wes Blaylock (Bristol, Va.) shot a 76 (+4) on Monday to sit in fourth place while freshman Blake Benson (Knoxville, Tenn.) carded a +11 (83) for 38th.
- Freshman Isfandyar Khan (Lahore, PAKISTAN) was 74th with a round of 91 (+19) and sophomore Luke Montalbano (Rumford, R.I.) finished 84th with a 96 (+24).
- Benson shot an 82 (+10) on Tuesday to move up five places, tying for 33rd while Blaylock shot a 90 (+18) to finish tied for 36th.
- Khan made it back-to-back rounds of 91 to take 76th overall while Montalbano improved by two shots (94) to remain at 84th.
- Virginia Wesleyan University won the event with a team score of 616 (+40) while Randolph-Macon College finished in second just one stroke off the championship (617 - +41). Surry (N.C.) Community College was third at +59 (635).
- Doc Schulte of Shenandoah University claimed the individual championship with a score of +6 (77-73-150). Virginia Wesleyan's Carter Morgan and Alex Nelson of Randolph-Macon were one shot back at +7 for the tournament.
- Emory & Henry will conclude the year at the 2018 Old Dominion Athletic Conference Championship.
- The three-day, 54-hole event will be held between Sunday, April 22 and Tuesday, April 24 at The Champions Course at Bryan Park in Greensboro, North Carolina.