MADISONVILLE, Tenn. – The Emory & Henry College Men's Soccer Team moved to 5-0 Saturday afternoon with a 5-0 victory over Hiwassee College (3-7). With five-straight victories to start the season, the Wasps have established a new program best to start the season
FINAL SCORE –Emory & Henry 4, Hiwassee 0
LOCATION – MADISONVILLE, Tenn.
RECORDS – Emory & Henry (5-0, 0-0 ODAC); Hiwassee College (3-7)
How It Happened
- The Wasps got four goals on the afternoon from junior forward Jordan Couch (Abingdon, Va.). Couch now leads the team and ODAC with 11 goals and 24 points.
- E&H's fifth goal came from sophomore defender Joel Tidman (Milford, Va.), his third of the week.
A Deeper Look
- Couch put up a "double brace" (four goals) for the second time this year. He also scored four times on Saturday, September 3 at Valley Forge en route to ODAC Men's Soccer Player of the Week honors.
- It is the first time since the 2008 season that a Wasp player had reached double-digit figures in goals and 20 or more points.
- E&H earns its second shutout of the season. The first came on opening night against Ferrum College (W, 3-0).
- With five wins so far this season, Emory & Henry has already won the most matches in any year since 2008 when it also had five victories.
- The Wasps have already solidified 2016 as one of their top 10 seasons in program history for overall wins.
- Saturday's victory marked the 100th overall win in the history of the program.
- Emory & Henry will remain on the road on Wednesday when it travels to Raleigh, North Carolina for a matchup with William Peace University. Kickoff is set for 6:00 p.m.
- The two teams have met once before, a 3-2 win by the Wasps in the 2014 season.
-photo courtesy of Joey Gass