GREENSBORO, N.C. – The Emory & Henry College Men's Soccer Team (8-4-1, 1-2-1 ODAC) and Guilford College (5-6-1, 0-2-1 ODAC) played a full 110 minutes Tuesday evening as the two teams ended in a 1-1 draw in Old Dominion Athletic Conference action.
FINAL SCORE – Emory & Henry 1, Guilford 1
LOCATION – Greensboro, North Carolina – Armfield Athletic Center
RECORDS – Emory & Henry (8-4-1, 1-2-1 ODAC); Guilford (5-6-1, 0-2-1 ODAC)
How It Happened
- The Quakers got on the board at the 27:54 mark when Enrique Gudino struck a ball from inside the six yard box. Jake Grieco was credited with the assist for his cross.
- E&H equalized the score at 1-1 in the 57th minute. Senior midfielder Zach Quest (Charlotte, N.C.) served in a ball from the right corner which found junior forward Jordan Couch (Abingdon, Va.), who headed it to the back post for the goal.
- The Wasps dominated the chances in the final half hour of regulation, but the Quakers' goalkeeper prevented any further scoring.
- Emory & Henry also led in chances, 5-2, over the pair of extra periods, but the result would hold for the 1-1 draw.
Emory & Henry Individual Leaders
- In addition to his league-leading and national top-three 18th goal of the year, Couch also led all players with six shots, putting three attempts on frame.
- Sophomore forward Tyequis Stallins (Chesapeake, Va.) had five shots in the match while Quest recorded five attempts to go along with his assist.
- Senior goalkeeper Didier Grillet (Matthews, N.C.) picked up the draw in goal, making three saves in the full 110:00 of play.
Guilford Individual Leaders
- Gudino had the score for the Quakers, with Grieco assisting.
- Ricky Aguilar led the way with a pair of shots on goal as well.
- Eric Hayes made five saves in the contest, earning the tie for GC.
A Deeper Look
- Emory & Henry posted a 20-7 advantage on shots including a 6-4 lead in shots on goal.
- The two squads tied 8-8 on corner kicks, with the Wasps earning six of their chances in regulation.
- E&H was called offside twice in the match while Guilford attackers committed one violation.
- The 1-1 result marked the fifth draw in series history between the two squads with the last tie coming in 2010.
- Emory & Henry returns home on Saturday evening to host Randolph College at 6:00 p.m.
- The match will serve as the final contest of the Wasps' 2016 Homecoming Weekend celebration.