BRIDGEWATER, Va. – The Bridgewater College Women's Soccer Team (7-1, 1-0 ODAC) scored five times in the opening half hour en route to a 12-0 win over visiting Emory & Henry College (3-6, 0-1 ODAC) Saturday afternoon in Old Dominion Athletic Conference action.
FINAL SCORE – Bridgewater 12, Emory & Henry 0
LOCATION – Bridgewater, Virginia – Bridgewater College Soccer Field
RECORDS – Emory & Henry (3-6, 0-1 ODAC); Bridgewater (7-1, 1-0 ODAC)
How It Happened
- Grayson Mathews put the Eagles on the board at the 5:59 mark.
- Bridgewater pushed its advantage to 4-0 midway through the 24thh minute as Isabella Wiegel netted a hat trick across five minutes of play. Isabella Krider assisted on the final two goals of the span.
- Keri Rager and Emily Brummett both notched a brace (two goals) in the contest with Rager's pair coming in the first half and Brummett spreading her scores one in each period.
Emory & Henry Individual Leaders
- Junior goalkeeper Kayla Wright (Franklin County, Va.) came on for the second half, making eight saves on 18 shots faced.
- Sophomore Kieran Liseski (Mooresville, N.C.) added five saves on 22 shots faced in the opening 45 minutes of play.
- Senior midfielder Allie Hooper (Cosby, Tenn.) had the Wasps' lone shot on goal in the match, coming midway through the first half.
Bridgewater Individual Leaders
- Wigel's hat trick led the way while Rager and Brummett each scored twice.
- In addition to Krider's two assists, Catherine Haufe also added a pair of helpers in the match.
- Bridget Fabiani scored once and added an assist in the match.
- Bridgewater is picked to finish in fifth place during the ODAC Regular Season this year.
- The Eagles have non-conference wins at Frostburg State University, and against Birmingham Southern College and Centre College so far this year.
- Emory & Henry will return home on Friday to host perennial ODAC power Virginia Wesleyan College. Kickoff between the Wasps and Marlins is scheduled for 7:30 p.m.
-photo courtesy of Joey Gass