WINCHESTER, Va. – The Shenandoah University Women's Soccer Team (11-2, 5-0 ODAC) remained perfect in Old Dominion Athletic Conference play Saturday with an 8-0 win over Emory & Henry College (3-9, 0-4 ODAC).
FINAL SCORE – Shenandoah 8, Emory & Henry 0
LOCATION – Winchester, Virginia – Shentel Stadium
RECORDS – Emory & Henry (3-9, 0-4 ODAC); Shenandoah (11-2, 5-0 ODAC)
How It Happened
- Emily Yerglin scored in the third and sixth minutes to put the Hornets up early en route to a 4-0 lead at the half. Jessica Stuart and Micayla Hellerstendt also added goals in the opening 45 minutes.
- After the break, SU added four more tallies for the final margin. Dornesha Cottoms scored three of the Hornets' second-half goals to earn the hat trick.
Emory & Henry Leaders
- Sophomore Kieran Liseski (Mooresville, N.C.) made 11 saves as she played the opening half in goal for the Wasps while junior Kayla Wright (Franklin County, Va.) stopped seven shots in closing out the match.
- Cottoms' hat trick and Yerglin's two goals led the way for the Hornets.
- Alysha McCleaf had two assists in the match while Stuart and Anna Wilson added a goal and an assist.
- Erin Septer picked up the complete-match shutout for Shenandoah.
A Deeper Look
- Lynchburg took 37 shots in the match, putting 26 of them on target.
- The Hornets also led, 4-1, on corner kicks, spreading them out evenly between the two halves.
- SU was called offside three times during the contest.
- Emory & Henry will return home on Wednesday for an Old Dominion Athletic Conference match against Hollins University.
- Kickoff is scheduled for 7:00 p.m.
-photo courtesy of Joey Gass