EMORY, Va. – The Emory & Henry College Women's Soccer Team (4-9, 1-4 ODAC) scored three times in the first half, propelling itself to a 5-0 win over Hollins University (2-13, 0-6 ODAC) Wednesday evening in Old Dominion Athletic Conference action.
FINAL SCORE - Emory & Henry 5, Hollins 0
LOCATION – Emory, Virginia – Fred Selfe Stadium
RECORDS – Emory & Henry (4-9, 1-4 ODAC); Hollins (2-13, 0-6 ODAC)
How It Happened
- In the 27th minute, senior midfielder Allie Hooper (Cosby, Tenn.) put the Wasps ahead, 1-0. A cross from sophomore midfielder Robbi Rodemann (Evington, Va.) found Hooper at the top of the 18-yard box where she struck a shot over the goalkeeper into the net.
- E&H doubled its advantage at the 36:50 mark as freshman midfielder Ashley Love (Zirconia, N.C.) scored off a corner kick served in by freshman defender Lexi DeMers (Palmyra, Va.).
- Fifty seconds later, sophomore forward Gillian Hogg (Richmond, Va.) put Emory & Henry up 3-0 with a breakaway goal down the middle of the field.
- The Wasps made it 4-0 at the 65:53 mark as freshman forward Graysen Barrs (Abingdon, Va.) received a cross from Hooper at the back post and finished for her first collegiate goal.
- Love capped the scoring with 2:20 left to play, collecting a rebound from her own shot just seconds earlier and slotting it home.
Emory & Henry Leaders
- Love led the way with a pair of goals while Hooper had a goal and an assist in the contest.
- Hogg paced the field with 12 shots, putting five on frame, including the third goal of the match, while Hooper took nine shots (five shots on goal).
- Love finished with six shots in the match, all of which went on target, and Barrs added five shots.
- Junior goalkeeper Kayla Wright (Franklin County, Va.) played the opening 45 minutes in goal and earned the win, while sophomore Kieran Liseski (Mooresville, N.C.) finished the match out, the duo sharing the shutout.
- Hannah Armstrong stayed busy in the HU net as she made 19 saves on the evening.
A Deeper Look
- Emory & Henry took 46 shots in the match, putting 24 of them on target.
- The Wasps also led, 6-0, on corner kicks, spreading them out evenly between the two halves.
- E&H was called offside a total of 13 times during the contest.
- Emory & Henry runs the all-time series to 16-2-2 against Hollins. The Wasps made it six years in a row of earning a result against the green-and-gold.
- Over the past three meetings, E&H leads by an aggregate score of 26-1 against HU.
- Emory & Henry remains at home on Friday evening when it hosts Randolph College in an Old Dominion Athletic Conference match.
- Kickoff is scheduled for 7:00 p.m.