ASHLAND, Va. – The Randolph-Macon College Women's Soccer Team (5-6-3, 4-3-1 ODAC) earned a 3-0 win over visiting Emory &Henry College (4-12, 1-7 ODAC) Saturday in Old Dominion Athletic Conference action.
FINAL SCORE – Randolph-Macon 3, Emory & Henry 0
LOCATION – Ashland, Virginia – Randolph-Macon College Soccer Field
RECORDS – Emory & Henry (4-12, 1-7 ODAC); Randolph-Macon (5-6-3, 4-3-1 ODAC)
How It Happened
- The Yellow Jackets got on the board late in the third minute as Abbie Winkelmann bent a shot into the upper-90 from the edge of the box.
- At the 68:15 mark, Ellie Linkous passed a ball into Lauren Orga, who turned in and fired a shot to make the score 2-0.
- Randolph-Macon got its final goal with 10:30 left to play in the contest. Hannah Harris served in a corner kick which found the head of Jaimie Brown, who headed it home.
Emory & Henry Leaders
- Junior midfielder Christina Ameen (Sweetwater, Tenn.) put a shot on goal for E&H.
- Sophomore midfielder Robbie Rodemann (Evington, Va.), sophomore forward Gillian Hogg (Richmond, Va.) and freshman midfielder Ashley Love (Zirconia, N.C.) each had an attempt in the contest.
- Sophomore Kieran Liseski (Mooresville, N.C.) played the entire match in goal, making 10 saves.
- Linkous had a team-high four shots with two on goal, assisting on the second score.
- Orga and Winkelmann each put up three shots with two on frame and a goal each.
- Goalkeeper Lindsay Zachmann made one save as she earned the shutout.
A Deeper Look
- Randolph-Macon took 21 shots compared to four by Emory & Henry and led 13-1 on shots on target.
- The Yellow Jackets had five corner kicks in the contest, while the Wasps earned one attempt from the corner.
- R-MC was called offside on three different occasions during the match while E&H attackers were without a violation.
- Emory & Henry's will remain on the road on Wednesday when it travels to face Guilford College in an ODAC matchup.
- Kickoff is scheduled for 6:00 p.m.
-photo courtesy of Joey Gass