EMORY, Va. – The Bridgewater College Women's Soccer Team (10-1-1,3-0 ODAC) remained atop the Old Dominion Athletic Conference standings with a 2-0 victory over Emory & Henry College (2-7, 1-1 ODAC) Saturday evening.
FINAL SCORE – Bridgewater 2, Emory & Henry 0
LOCATION – Emory, Virginia – Nicewonder Field at Fred Selfe Stadium
RECORDS – Emory & Henry (2-7, 1-1 ODAC); Bridgewater (10-1-1, 3-0 ODAC)
How It Happened
- Bridgewater got on the board in the 20th minute as Keri Rager put a cross at the feet of Anna Sobus inside the six-yard box, who slotted it to the near post.
- Just 10 seconds before the hour mark, the Eagles made it 2-0. Katherine Wright played a ball to the middle from the right wing, finding Rager who beat the goalkeeper to the right side.
- The Emory & Henry defense was tested all evening, but played well together as a unit against one of the toughest sides in the league.
Emory & Henry Leaders
- Freshman defender Skylar Wall (Suffolk, Va.) had two shots including one on goal while sophomore forward Ashley Love (Zirconia, N.C.) added a pair of shots of her own.
- Junior forward Gillian Hogg (Richmond, Va.) notched one shot on goal off the bench as well for the Wasps.
- E&H junior goalkeeper Kieran Liseski (Mooresville, N.C.) played the full contest in frame, stopping seven shots.
- Rager led the way with a goal and an assist on six shots, putting three on target, while Sobus had a goal on five attempts.
- Hayley Talbott earned the win in goal, making three saves in 77 minutes. She combined with Sydney Davis to earn the shutout.
A Deeper Look
- Bridgewater held a 17-5 lead on shots and a 9-3 advantage on shots on goal.
- The Eagles took six corner kicks and were called offside twice in the match.
- Emory & Henry will remain at home on Wednesday when it hosts Guilford College at 2:00 p.m., in ODAC action.