HARRISONBURG, Va. – The Eastern Mennonite University Women's Soccer Team (4-7-2, 2-4 ODAC) scored once in each half to earn a 2-0 win against visiting Emory & Henry College (4-8-1, 3-2-1 ODAC) Friday night in Old Dominion Athletic Conference action.
FINAL SCORE – Eastern Mennonite 2, Emory & Henry 0
LOCATION – Harrisonburg, Virginia – EMU Turf Field
RECORDS – Emory & Henry (4-8-1, 3-2-1 ODAC); Eastern Mennonite (4-7-2, 2-4 ODAC)
How It Happened
- EMU got on the board at the 11:30 mark when Liz Huffman collected a rebounded shot and put it past the goalkeeper. Leigh Lumsden was credited with the assist.
- The Royals got the second goal of the match with 15:31 left to play as Laura Rittenhouse scored an unassisted goal.
Emory & Henry Leaders
- Sophomore forwards Graysen Barrs (Abingdon, Va.) and Ashley Love (Zirconia, N.C.) each had shots in the contest.
- Junior Kieran Liseski (Mooresville, N.C.) made a career-high 14 saves in goal for the Wasps.
Eastern Mennonite Leaders
- Huffman and Rittenhouse added five and four shots, respectively, to go along with their scores.
- Leah Wenger picked up the clean sheet in net for the Royals, playing all 90 minutes.
A Deeper Look
- Eastern Mennonite held a 24-2 lead on shots and put 16 of their chances on frame.
- The Royals held a 7-2 lead on corner kicks and were flagged with the only offside violation of the match.
- Emory & Henry returns home for an ODAC match against No. 24 Lynchburg College on Wednesday.
- Kickoff between the Wasps and Hornets is set for 6:00 p.m.