LEXINGTON, Va. – The Emory & Henry College Women's Swimming Team saw its first action of the 2016-17 season on Saturday afternoon at the annual Old Dominion Athletic Conference Relays, hosted by Washington and Lee University. The Wasps finished fourth out of the nine competing schools.
FINAL RESULT – 4th/9
LOCATION – Lexington, Virginia – Cy Twombly Pool
- The meet served as the unofficial kickoff for ODAC swimming, although only three of the 10 events were NCAA sanctioned. The official events were the 200-yard freestyle relay, 400-yard freestyle relay and 200-yard medley relay.
- Emory & Henry earned one event win and posted a trio of third-place finishes on the day.
- The group of senior Michaela Nolte (Hillsborough, N.C.), junior Kelsey Jones (Roanoke, Va.) and junior Brianna Chessock (Winston-Salem, N.C.) won the 150-yard breaststroke relay with a time of 1:37.98.
- Freshmen Olivia Anson (Apex, N.C.) and Savannah Scarbrough (Crozet, Va.) teamed up with Chessock to take third in the 150-yard butterfly relay (1:27.15).
- The 100-yard dolphin kick relay was another third-place finish for the Wasps as Nolte, junior Holly Roth (Albuquerque, N.M.), Jones and senior Lauren Blakey (Davidson, N.C.) went 1:03.72.
- In the 500-yard crescendo relay, freshman Taylor Simmons (Fincastle, Va.), Anson, Roth and Blakey swam legs of 50, 100, 150 and 200 yards, finishing in 5:24.26 which was good for fourth.
- E&H got a number three finish in the 200-yard freestyle relay as Nolte, Chessock, Scarbrough and Anson combined for a time of 1:45.04.
- Emory & Henry will have its first official meet of the year when it travels to the Sewanee Invitational on the weekend of Friday, October 28 and Saturday, October 29. The first event for Friday is scheduled for 4:00 p.m.
-photo courtesy of Keith Lucas/Sideline Media