FERRUM, Va. – The Emory & Henry College Women's Swimming Team (1-0, 1-0 ODAC) won all 10 events on the day as it rolled to a 124-36 win over Ferrum College (3-2, 0-2 ODAC) Saturday afternoon. It was the first dual meet of the year for the Wasps as their previous two competitions have been scored in an invitational format.
FINAL SCORE – Emory & Henry 124, Ferrum 36
LOCATION – Ferrum, Virginia – Swartz Gym Pool
RECORDS – Emory & Henry (1-0, 1-0 ODAC); Ferrum (3-2, 0-2 ODAC)
- E&H kicked off the meet with an unopposed win in the 200-yard medley relay. Senior Jessica Richardson (Vero Beach, Fla.), senior Michaela Nolte (Hillsborough, N.C.), freshman Olivia Anson (Apex, N.C.)and junior Brianna Chessock (Winston-Salem, N.C.) swam a 1:55.09 in the event.
- Junior Holly Roth (Albuquerque, N.M.) won the 200-yard freestyle with a time of 2:07.00 while seniors Jordan Greenburg (Cordova, Tenn.) and Lauren Blakey (Davidson, N.C.) took second and third.
- The Wasps went 1-2 in the 50-yard freestyle as Richardson turned in a :25.64 and senior Kia Hamilton (Memphis, Tenn.) finished second.
- In the 100-yard individual medley, Nolte went 1:04.38 to win the event while junior Kelsey Jones (Roanoke, Va.) was second.
- E&H also went 1-2 in the 50-yard butterfly with Anson swimming a :28.99 to win the event. Roth was second in :29.28.
- The 100-yard freestyle saw Nolte, Chessock and Hamilton go 1-2-3 with Nolte's time of :55.35 leading the way.
- Richardson won the 50-yard backstroke, stopping the watches in :28.61 while Anson was second.
- Blakey picked up a win in the 500-yard freestyle in 6:29.05 while Chessock won the 50-yard breaststroke (:33.97).
- Emory & Henry closed out the day with a win in the 400-yard freestyle relay. Greenburg, Roth, Jones and Hamilton swam a 4:12.05 to win the event by nearly 18 seconds.
- Emory & Henry will host Hollins University on Saturday, November 19 at 1:00 p.m., in an Old Dominion Athletic Conference dual meet.
-photo courtesy of Keith Lucas/Sideline Media