LEXINGTON, Ky. – The Emory & Henry College Women's Swimming Team sits in third place after the first day of the Fourth Annual Transylvania Invitational Saturday. The Wasps earned one event win and put up a pair of second-place finishes on the day.
DAY ONE RESULT – 3th/8
LOCATION – Lexington, Kentucky – Lancaster Aquatic Center
- The 200-yard freestyle relay was swam in the morning session with E&H's entry of senior Jessica Richardson (Vero Beach, Fla.), junior Brianna Chessock (Winston-Salem, N.C.), freshman Olivia Anson (Apex, N.C.) and senior Michaela Nolte (Hillsborough, N.C.) taking second on a swim of 1:39.12
- In the 200-yard individual medley, Anson finished sixth with a time of 2:14.12 while Chessock was 10th and freshman Savannah Scarbrough (Crozet, Va.) was 15th.
- Richardson took fourth in the 500-yard freestyle (5:17.03) while junior Holly Roth (Albuquerque, N.M.) was eighth (5:31.72).
- Nolte won the 100-yard breaststroke in 1:04.85, earning a NCAA Division III "B" qualifying standard. Chessock, junior Kelsey Jones (Roanoke, Va.) and Scarbrough came in seventh, 12th and 14th in the event, respectively.
- In the 200-yard backstroke, senior Jordan Greenburg (Cordova, Tenn.) earned a fifth-place finish, clocking a 2:12.28.
- Richardson was the runner-up in the 100-yard freestyle, stopping the watches in :53.49 while Anson took third (:54.36).
- The 800-yard freestyle relay saw the team of Greenburg, Scarbrough, Jones and Roth put up an 8:39.12 to finish seventh.
- In the 200-yard medley relay, Richardson, Nolte, Chessock and Anson came in second after clocking a 1:49.69.
- Rhodes College is in first place after day one while Franklin College is second.
- Emory & Henry will complete action in the Transylvania Invitational on Sunday.