LEXINGTON, Ky. – The Emory & Henry College Women's Swimming Team completed the first half of its season by finishing in third place at the Fourth Annual Transylvania Invitational Sunday. The Wasps earned two more event wins and added another pair of second-place finishes on day to for a total of three wins and four second-place swims for the weekend.
FINAL RESULT – 3th/8
LOCATION – Lexington, Kentucky – Lancaster Aquatic Center
- The 400-yard medley relay was contested as a timed finals event during Sunday morning's preliminaries. Senior Jessica Richardson (Vero Beach, Fla.), senior Michaela Nolte (Hillsborough, N.C.), freshman Olivia Anson (Apex, N.C.) and junior Brianna Chessock (Winston-Salem, N.C.) took second in the event with a time of 4:01.71.
- In the 1650-yard freestyle, senior Jordan Greenburg (Cordova, Tenn.) was eighth with a time of 19:15.30 while junior Holly Roth (Albuquerque, N.M.) took ninth in 19:16.24.
- Freshman Savannah Scarbrough (Crozet, Va.) was seventh for E&H in the 400-yard individual medley (5:03.73).
- Nolte put up a runner-up finish in the 50-yard freestyle by the smallest of margins, finishing .01 seconds out of first with a time of :24.21. Senior Kia Hamilton (Memphis, Tenn.) was 15th in the event.
- In the 100-yard backstroke, Richardson took second in :58.63, .41 seconds behind the winner.
- Roth put up a fourth-place finish in the 200-yard freestyle, clocking a 2:00.84.
- Nolte earned her second individual win and second NCAA "B" Cut of the weekend in the 200-yard breaststroke. She went 2:21.13 to pick up the victory while Chessock was third (2:28.47) and junior Kelsey Jones (Roanoke, Va.) was ninth.
- The 100-yard butterfly saw Anson stop the watches in 1:01.39 to claim a fifth-place finish.
- Emory & Henry won the final event of the meet, the 400-yard freestyle relay. Nolte, Anson, Chessock and Richardson put together a swim of 3:35.98 to win by over a second.
- Rhodes College held onto its Day One lead to capture the team title while Franklin College was the team runner-up.
- Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology made a run at E&H in the final day, finishing six points out of third in fourth place.
- Emory & Henry's next meet will be on Saturday, January 14 when it travels to face off against Bridgewater College and Hollins University at 1:00 p.m.
- The Wasps will also have their annual Florida Winter Training Trip during the first week of January prior to the start of the spring semester.
-photo courtesy of Joey Gass