BRIDGEWATER, Va. – The Emory & Henry College Women's Swimming Team (3-1, 3-1 ODAC) set six school records Saturday afternoon as it split a double dual against a pair of Old Dominion Athletic Conference opponents. The Wasps defeated Hollins University (4-4-1, 4-3 ODAC) by a 155-43 score but fell to Bridgewater College (6-1, 6-1 ODAC) 133-120.
FINAL SCORE – Emory & Henry 155, Hollins 43
FINAL SCORE – Bridgewater 133, Emory & Henry 120
LOCATION – Bridgewater, Virginia – Nininger Hall Pool
RECORDS – Emory & Henry (3-1, 3-1 ODAC); Bridgewater (6-1, 6-1 ODAC); Hollins (4-4-1, 4-3 ODAC)
- E&H won nine of the day's 14 events, breaking six school records in the process.
- The Wasps started the day with a record swim, winning the 200-meter medley relay. Senior Jessica Richardson (Vero Beach, Fla.), senior Michaela Nolte (Hillsborough, N.C.), junior Brianna Chessock (Winston-Salem, N.C.) and freshman Olivia Anson (Apex, N.C.) turned in a time of 2:06.69 to win the event by over six seconds.
- Senior Jordan Greenburg (Cordova, Tenn. ) took the victory in the 800-meter freestyle with a 10:33.22 while senior Lauren Blakey (Davidson, N.C.) was fourth.
- Freshman Savannah Scarbrough (Crozet, Va.) placed second in the 200-meter freestyle (2:24.72).
- Richardson set a new E&H top mark in the 100-meter backstroke, stopping the watches in 1:09.15, a full half-second better than the previous record.
- Nolte went 1:15.17 in the 100-meter breaststroke to break her own school record and win the event while Chessock was second in the race (1:22.06).
- Senior Kia Hamilton (Memphis, Tenn.) was second in the 50-meter freestyle with a swim of :30.42 while freshman Taylor Simmons (Fincastle, Va.) took fifth.
- Richardson and Anson made it a 1-2 finish in the 100-yard freestyle as they clocked times of 1:01.42 and 1:02.09, respectively.
- Greenburg hit the wall first in the 200-meter backstroke, clocking a 2:38.52.
- Nolte and Chessock took the top two spots in the 200-meter breaststroke while junior Kelsey Jones (Roanoke, Va.) was fourth. Nolte's time of 2:44.27 was 4.92 seconds better than her previous best swim.
- In the 100-meter butterfly, Anson finished second in 1:12.38.
- Scarbrough set the Emory & Henry record in the 400-meter individual medley, swimming a 5:36.64, winning the event by over one minute.
- The Wasps finished the day with a win in the 200-meter freestyle relay as Nolte, Anson, Chessock and Richardson went a 1:54.66. Nolte's lead-off swim of :27.70 was good for a school record in the 50-meter freestyle.
- Emory & Henry will have its final dual meets of the year on Friday, January 27 as it hosts King (Tenn.) University and Milligan College.
- The Wasps will honor their five seniors prior to the start of the meet, which is scheduled for 6:00 p.m.