EMORY, Va. - The Emory & Henry College Women's Swimming Team has its sights set on yet another stellar weekend at the 2017 Old Dominion Athletic Conference Championship, held at the Greensboro Aquatics Center. The three-day, 18-event meet will run from Friday to Sunday with preliminary races in the morning and finals in the evening.
Emory & Henry will place swimmers near the top of every race, but with only 10 swimmers competing this weekend, depth will play a large factor in the composite team score at the end of the meet. The championship format allows for 18 swimmers to compete in three individual events and four relays.
- Tickets – Per Session $6.00; Weekend Pass $30.00
- Parking – Per Day $5.00; Weekend Pass $12.00
Preliminaries – 10:00 a.m., Friday-Sunday
Finals – 6:00 p.m., Friday-Saturday; 5:00 p.m., Sunday
- The 2017 ODAC Swimming Championships will be streamed live on ODAConline.com. Click here to access the video stream.
- Emory & Henry is seeded first or second in seven of the 18 events this year.
- The Wasps are deepest in the breaststroke events with three of the top seven seeds in both the 100-yard and 200-yard breaststroke.
- Senior Michaela Nolte (Hillsborough, N.C.) comes in as the two-time defending champion in the 50-yard freestyle and three-time defending champions in the 100-yard and 200-yard breaststroke. She was named the ODAC Women’s Swimmer of the Year in 2016.
- Senior Jessica Richardson (Vero Beach, Fla.), the 2015 ODAC Champion in the 100-yard freestyle, earned a trio of second-place finishes in the 50-yard freestyle, 100-yard freestyle and 100-yard backstroke last year.
- Entering this weekend, Nolte ranks 16th in NCAA Division III in the 200-yard breaststroke (2:21.13) and is 18th in the 100-breast (1:04.85) and has achieved national “B” cuts in both events.
- The Wasps have Top-50 national rankings in the 400-yard freestyle relay (30th), the 400-yard medley relay (40th), the 200-yard freestyle relay (46th) and the 200-yard medley relay (46th).
|50-Yard Freestyle||1) Nolte (24.28)||200-Yard Backstroke||6) Greenburg (2:12.28)|
|3) Richardson (24.56)|
|13) Hamilton (:26.32)||100-Yard Breaststroke||2) Nolte (1:04.85)|
|3) Chessock (1:10.29)|
|100-Yard Freestyle||3) Richardson (:53.13)||7) Scarbrough (1:12.37)|
|5) Anson (:54.36)||10) Jones (1:13.64)|
|16) Hamilton (1:00.82)||16) Hamilton (1:18.49)|
|18) Simmons (1:01.59)|
|200-Yard Breaststroke||2) Nolte (2:21.13)|
|200-Yard Freestyle||16) Simmons (2:17.54)||3) Chessock (2:28.47)|
|17) Blakey (2:20.10)||7) Jones (2:36.71)|
|11) Scarbrough (2:43.16)|
|500-Yard Freestyle||11) Greenburg (5:39.27)|
|20) Blakey (6:14.98)||100-Yard Butterfly||5) Anson (1:01.39)|
|26) Chessock (NT)|
|200-Yard Individual Medley||5) Anson (2:13.26)|
|1,650-Yard Freestyle||12) Blakey (12:58.66*)||11) Chessock (2:18.46)|
|17) Greenburg (NT*)||15) Jones (2:27.23)|
|100-Yard Backstroke||2) Richardson (:58.63)||400-Yard Individual Medley||7) Scarbrough (5:03.73)|
|9) Greenburg (1:02.58)|
|21) Simmons (1:14.16)|
|200-Yard Freestyle Relay||2) - 1:39.10||200-Yard Medley Relay||2) - 1:49.69|
|400-Yard Freestyle Relay||2) - 3:35.98||400-Yard Medley Relay||4) - 4:01.71|
|800-Yard Freestyle Relay||3) - 8:39.12|
|* - seed times for the 1,650-Yard Freestyle are based on the 1,000-Yard Freestyle.|