EMORY, Va. – The Emory & Henry College Men's & Women's Swimming Teams got the dual meet portion of their schedule off to a start on Friday evening with an Old Dominion Athletic Conference contest against Bridgewater College. The E&H women claimed a come-from-behind 103-102 win while the Wasp men fell by a 111-40 score.
- Senior Mackenzie Lingle (Roanoke, Va.) led the way, placing first in the 50-meter freestyle (:28.61) and the 100-meter butterfly (1:10.43), while taking second in the 100-meter backstroke (1:15.88).
- Senior Bri Chessock (Winston-Salem, N.C.) won the 800-meter freestyle in 9:59.18 and the 100-meter breaststroke, clocking a 1:19.08. Sophomore Olivia Anson (Apex, N.C.) won the 100-meter freestyle with a time of 1:03.85 while freshman Sarah Helfert (Hickory, N.C.) and senior Holly Roth (Albuquerque, N.M.) went 1-2 in the 400-meter freestyle at 5:01.80 and 5:03.76, respectively.
- The Wasps found themselves down by four points entering the 200-meter freestyle relay. The team of Chessock, sophomore Savannah Scarbrough (Crozet, Va.), Helfert and Anson went a 2:00.89 to win by over seven seconds and clinch the team victory.
- Sophomore Wilson Naff (Marion, Va.) paced the Wasps with three dominating individual wins. He clocked a 2:11.20 in the 200-free to win by more than 22 seconds. His 100-butterfly time of 1:05.84 was nearly 14 seconds faster than his closest competitor and he won the 100-backstroke by over 27 seconds with a swim of 1:05.09.
- Sophomore Evan Prillhart (Johnson City, Tenn.) took third place in the 100-meter breaststroke in an exciting race while freshman George Jones (Bogota, COLOMBIA) was third in the 50-meter freestyle.
- Emory & Henry will have a quick turnaround for its next meet as the Guilford College women and the Greensboro College men's & women's teams visit the E&H Aquatics Center.
- The meet is scheduled to begin at 1:00 p.m.