EMORY, Va. - The Emory & Henry College Men's & Women's Swimming Teams will enter the championship portion of their seasons this weekend at the 2018 Old Dominion Athletic Conference Championships, held at the Greensboro Aquatics Center. The three-day, 18-event meet will run from Friday to Sunday with preliminary races in the morning and finals in the evening.
The Wasps will send 10 women to the event and will make history with their first-ever men's team at the ODAC meet. E&H returns five All-ODAC performers on the women's side this season.
- Tickets – Per Session $6.00; Weekend Pass $30.00
- Parking – Per Day $5.00; Weekend Pass $12.00
Preliminaries – 10:00 a.m., Friday-Sunday
Finals – 6:00 p.m., Friday-Saturday; 5:00 p.m., Sunday
- The 2018 ODAC Swimming Championships will be streamed live on ODAConline.com. Click here to access the video stream.
- Emory & Henry is seeded in the top four in all five of the relays with #2 seeds in the 200-yard and 800-yard freestyle relays.
- The Wasps have six swimmers with top six seeds in individual events led by senior Bri Chessock (Winston-Salem, N.C.), who is fourth in both the 100-yard and 200-yard breaststroke. Senior Holly Roth (Albuquerque, N.M.) is fourth in the 400-yard individual medley.
- Sophomore Wilson Naff (Marion, Va.) will give E&H an opportunity to crown an ODAC individual champion in its inaugural season as he is seeded fourth in the 100-yard and 200-yard backstroke.
- With just three swimmers on this year's squad, the Wasps will be unable to participate in any relay even
Women's Seed Times
|50-Yard Freestyle||7) Anson (:25.27)||200-Yard Backstroke||18) Simmons (2:35.64)|
|9) Lingle (:25.96)|
|26) Trotter (:30.19)||100-Yard Breaststroke||4) Chessock (1:08.93)|
|8) Scarbrough (1:12.17)|
|100-Yard Freestyle||5) Anson (:55.10)||15) Jones (1:15.05)|
|8) Lingle (:56.36)|
|21) Trotter (1:02.39)||200-Yard Breaststroke||4) Chessock (2:30.29)|
|12) Jones (2:40.34)|
|200-Yard Freestyle||7) Anson (1:58.69)|
|11) Roth (2:05.59)||100-Yard Butterfly||5) Lingle (1:02.22)|
|23) Archer (2:14.03)|
|29) Simmons (2:20.49)||200-Yard Butterfly||8) Roth (2:24.86)|
|500-Yard Freestyle||8) Helfert (5:19.47||200-Yard Individual Medley||14) Scarbrough (2:22.67)|
|14) Roth (5:34.12)||15) Lingle (2:22.79)|
|19) Archer (5:46.51)||22) Jones (2:27.05)|
|1,650-Yard Freestyle||5) Helfert (11:09.19*)||400-Yard Individual Medley||4) Roth (4:57.74)|
|14) Archer (12:01.54*)||5) Scarbrough (5:02.43)|
|10) Jones (5:12.20)|
|100-Yard Backstroke||11) Helfert (1:06.20)|
|18) Simmons (1:11.34)|
|21) Trotter (1:12.58)|
|200-Yard Freestyle Relay||2) - 1:40.90||200-Yard Medley Relay||4) - 1:58.51|
|400-Yard Freestyle Relay||3) - 3:46.95||400-Yard Medley Relay||4) - 4:20.21|
|800-Yard Freestyle Relay||2) - 8:09.08|
|* - seed times for the 1,650-Yard Freestyle are based on the 1,000-Yard Freestyle.|