GREENSBORO, N.C. – The Emory & Henry College Women's Swimming Team is third after day one of the 2018 Old Dominion Athletic Conference Championships Friday.
RESULTS – 3rd/12
LOCATION – Greensboro, North Carolina
VENUE – Greensboro Aquatic Center
- Event 1 – 200-Yard Freestyle Relay – Senior Mackenzie Lingle (Roanoke, Va.), senior Bri Chessock (Winston-Salem, N.C.), freshman Sarah Helfert (Hickory, N.C.) and sophomore Olivia Anson (Apex, N.C.) went 1:40.90 to finish third.
- Event 3 – 500-Yard Freestyle – Chessock took seventh place, swimming a 5:23.13. Senior Holly Roth (Albuquerque, N.M.) was took 10th in the Consolation Final (5:23.07) while Helfert took 14th in 5:36.16. Freshman Brittany Archer (Laredo, Texas) finished the preliminaries as the first alternate, taking 17th in 5:50.52.
- Event 5 – 200-Yard Individual Medley – Lingle took 11th in 2:17.06 while sophomore Savannah Scarbrough (Crozet, Va.) was 14th with a swim of 2:21.80.
- Event 7 – 50-Yard Freestyle – Anson notched a fifth-place finish in :24.72. Freshman Lauren Trotter (Bristol, Va.) was 19th (:28.07) in the preliminaries.
- Event 9 – 400-Yard Medley Relay – The Wasps took fifth place with a time of 4:13.14 on the efforts of Lingle, Chessock, Anson and Helfert.
- Emory & Henry will continue action in the 2018 ODAC Championships on Saturday with preliminaries beginning at 10:00 a.m., and finals starting at 6:00 p.m.