EMORY, Va. - The Emory & Henry women's team (4-10, 1-7 ODAC) suffered a setback at home on Tuesday Afternoon. The Wasps hosted Roanoke College (11-4, 6-3 ODAC) in the midweek conference tilt.
The doubles teams were not able to get off to the hot start that the team needed. One doubles took a tough 8-1 loss. At two doubles, Tessa Johnston (High Point, N.C.) and Bri Pierce (Purlear, N.C.) fell, 8-2. Three doubles, fought a long, hard battle, but were defeated, 8-5.
- Katie Meade (Coeburn, Va.) picked up a huge win at one singles. She started the match down a set, but worked all the way back to get a crucial win for the Wasps. Meade wound up winning, 1-6, 6-4, 10-6.
- Johnston went down, 6-4, 6-1, at two singles
- The three and four seed also went down in straight sets.
- Pierce continued to her dominance on the court at five singles. The sophomore won, 6-2, 6-1, for her team-high 11th singles win.
- The match was finished with a 6-2, 6-3 loss at six singles.
The women's team is on the road this Saturday at Sweet Briar College. The match begins at 1:00PM