LYNCHBURG, Va. – The Emory & Henry College Volleyball Team (5-15, 2-6 ODAC) went 1-1 on the day Saturday as it fell in a 3-0 (25-15, 25-21, 25-22) Old Dominion Athletic Conference decision to Randolph College and earned a non-conference win over Regent University, 3-0 (25-5, 25-10, 25-15).
LOCATION – Lynchburg, Virginia – RAD Center
RESULTS – Randolph 3, Emory & Henry 0 (25-15, 25-21, 25-22)
Emory & Henry 3, Regent 0 (25-5, 25-10, 25-15)
The Randolph Match
- Senior outside hitter Ali Singleton (Mount Jackson, Va.) had 10 kills and nine digs while junior right-side hitter Tori Holmberg (Wake Forest, N.C.) and sophomore outside hitter Lauren Coolidge (Fort Lauderdale, Fla.) tallied six kills each.
- Junior setter Sam McCauley (Glade Spring, Va.) posted 23 assists and eight digs while junior libero Huntre Baxter (Blountville, Tenn.) added 17 digs.
- Randolph's Autumn Troxell and Taylor Webb had 13 and 11 kills, respectively, with Webb adding 10 assists.
The Regent Match
- Singleton posted eight kills while junior middle Rebecca Morehouse (Kingsport, Tenn.) had eight kills, three aces and 12 digs.
- Holmberg put up seven kills while McCauley put up 27 assists and four aces.
- Coolidge had 22 digs, moving to the libero position for the nightcap.
- Emily Nevala paced Regent with seven kills while Katherine McKerley had seven assists.
- Emory & Henry will remain on the road Thursday when it visits Maryville (Tenn.) College for a 7:30 p.m., contest.