BUENA VISTA, Va. – The Emory & Henry College Women's Cross Country Team turned in an eighth-place finish out of 11 competition teams at the 2016 Old Dominion Athletic Conference Championships Saturday morning.
FINAL RESULT – 8th/11
LOCATION – Buena Vista, Virginia – Buena Vista Links Golf Course
The Results – 6K (3.7 miles)
- Freshman Erica Grupp (Charlottesville, Va.) was Emory & Henry's number one runner, taking 30th place with a time of 25:31.
- Senior Elizabeth Wilson (Roanoke, Va.) posted a 25:37 to finish 32nd overall and second on the team.
- Sophomore McKenna Tankersley (Big Stone Gap, Va.) ran a 29:10 to finish in 66th place while freshman Maddie Copenhaver (Glade Spring, Va.) and sophomore Taylor Henderson (Glade Spring, Va.) went 29:32 and 30:18, respectively.
- Washington and Lee University won the team title, putting five runners in the top 14 including the runner-up and number three finisher.
- Roanoke College and Eastern Mennonite University finished second and third in the team standings.
- Kerri Dalton of Roanoke won the overall race in 22:39 and was awarded with ODAC Runner of the Year honors.
- Emory & Henry will complete the 2016 season at the NCAA Division III South/Southeast Region Championship on Saturday, November 12.
- Berry College will serve as the host for this year's regional meet.
-photo courtesy of Michael Cawood