BRISTOL, Va. – The Intermont Equestrian at Emory & Henry College IHSA Team earned its third win of the season as it closed out the fall Saturday in a Zone 4-Region 5 show at home. None of the Wasps 16 riders finished worse than third as they posted 14 wins on the day and earned both individual honors.
TEAM PLACE – 1st/12
LOCATION – Bristol, Virginia
VENUE – Emory & Henry College Equestrian Center
- Senior Bobbie Jo Adsit (Montpelier, Va.) claimed a pair of wins at Open Equitation on the Flat and Open Over Fences while sophomore Abby McCoy (Cogan Station, Pa.) was first in Open Fences and second in Open Flat.
- Senior Emily Trice (Gainesville, Ga.) and sophomore Madelyn Lowe (Red Lion, Pa.) won at Intermediate Over Fences while sophomore Remy Tait (Bainbridge Island, Wash.) and sophomore Hayden Wilkes (Shamong, N.J.) claimed champion finishes in Intermediate Flat.
- Limit competition saw sophomore Emilie Fink (Jamesport, N.Y.) take first Over Fences and on the Flat while sophomores Josie Sumner (Hampshire, Ill.) and Makalyn Williams (Granville, Ohio) won at Limit Fences and Limit Flat, respectively.
- In Novice action, senior Taylor McMichael (Lexington, Va.) and sophomores Becca Pagnini (Beaverdam, Va.) and Danielle Lima (Clemmons, N.C.) each won their draws.
- Sophomore Brinley Thomas (Farmville, Va.) was third in Introductory.
- E&H claimed the team title and Western Carolina University was the reserve champion.
- Adsit earned High-Point Rider of the Day accolades as Fink was Reserve High-Point Rider of the Day.
- Intermont Equestrian has completed the fall portion of its season in both IHSA and IDA competition. The Wasps will be back in action following the Christmas Holiday.