GREENSBORO, N.C. – The Guilford College Men's Soccer Team (5-6, 1-4 ODAC) scored two goals in each half on the way to a 4-0 win over Emory & Henry (5-8, 0-7 ODAC) Tuesday evening in Old Dominion Athletic Conference action.
FINAL SCORE – Guilford 4, Emory & Henry 0
LOCATION – Greensboro, North Carolina
VENUE – Appenzeller Field at the Armfield Athletic Center
RECORDS – Emory & Henry (5-8, 0-7 ODAC); Guilford (5-6, 1-4 ODAC)
How It Happened
- After more than 40 minutes of scoreless soccer, the Quakers got on the board. Noah Hedrick served up a cross that found the left foot of Victor Jimenez for a one-time tap in from 10 yards out.
- Jimenez made it a 2-0 contest with just 20 seconds to go before the break finishing a cross from A.J. Hawkins.
- Late in the 66th minute, Giovanni Santibanez put GC ahead 3-0, finishing to the near post. Luois Gozan was credited with the assist.
- With 5:54 left to play, Jimenez completed the hat trick when he headed in a corner kick, served up by Connor Haberman.
Emory & Henry Individual Leaders
- Senior forward Tyequis Stallins (Chesapeake, Va.), senior midfielder Colin Foley (Chesapeake, Va.) and freshman forward Jeff Hurlock (Fredericksburg, Va.) each had two shots in the game with both of Stallins' going on target.
Guilford Individual Leaders
- Jimenez provided the major offensive firepower for the Quakers while Zach Van Kampen secured the shutout, making four saves in goal.
- Emory & Henry will remain on the road on Thursday when it visits Hiwassee College.
- Kickoff between the Wasps and Tigers is set for 3:00 p.m.