MADISONVILLE, Tenn. – The Emory & Henry College Men's Soccer Team (6-8, 0-7 ODAC) got back on the winning track with a 7-0 victory over Hiwassee College (6-7) Thursday on the road. The victory marked the second for the Wasps over the Tigers this season as they prevailed by a 3-0 score at home on Thursday, September 6.
Senior forward Tyequis Stallins (Chesapeake, Va.) scored his second hat trick of the season and moved into second place in program history for career goals scored with 29.
Additionally, Head Coach Robert Richardson became the winningest coach in program history with the victory.
FINAL SCORE – Emory & Henry 7, Hiwassee 0
LOCATION – Madisonville, Tennessee
VENUE – Hiwassee Soccer Field
RECORDS – Emory & Henry (6-8, 0-7 ODAC); Hiwassee (6-7)
How It Happened
- E&H got things started as freshman midfielder Dylan Janney (Fredericksburg, Va.) scored his first career goal, assisted by freshman forward Jeff Hurlock (Fredericksburg, Va.).
- Stallins made it 2-0 with an unassisted goal, setting up a score by junior forward Massimo Tager (Asheville, N.C.) assisted by freshman forward Jonathan Hoyte (Chesapeake, Va.).
- The next two goals would go to Stallins, both assisted by senior midfielder Colin Foley (Chesapeake, Va.).
- Hoyte found the back of the net with the final two scores of the match. Freshmen C.J. Poulsen (Roanoke, Va.) and Luis Ramirez (Abingdon, Va.) earned assists.
Emory & Henry Leaders
- With his three goals, Stallins becomes the eighth player to score 10 or more goals in a season as he now sits at 11.
- Junior Morgan Moser (Sweetwater, Tenn.) picked up the clean sheet in goal against his former team, making four saves.
A Deeper Look
- Emory & Henry put up 25 shots with 16 going on target. Hiwassee has eight shots in the contest.
- Emory & Henry will return home on Sunday for an Old Dominion Athletic Conference contest against Shenandoah University.
- The match, which will serve as senior day for the Wasps, will kick off at 1:00 p.m.