EMORY, Va. – The Guilford College Men's Soccer Team (5-5-1, 3-0 ODAC) scored twice in the first eight minutes of the match and never looked back on its way to an 8-2 Old Dominion Athletic Conference win at Emory & Henry College (6-5-2, 0-3 ODAC) Tuesday evening.
FINAL SCORE – Guilford 8, Emory & Henry 2
LOCATION – Emory, Virginia
VENUE – Nicewonder Field at Fred Selfe Stadium
RECORDS – Emory & Henry (6-5-2, 0-3 ODAC); Guilford (5-5-1, 3-0 ODAC)
How It Happened
- Kenny Nzekwe scored just 68 seconds in to the contest, assisted by Enrique Gudino. The Quakers made it 2-0 early in the eighth as Giovanni Santibanez found the back of the net. Another score by GC's Sam Coughlin (24:39) pressed the margin to 3-0 at the half.
- Coming out of the break, Guilford scored five goals in the span of six and a half minutes to go up 8-0. Nzekwe tallied the final three for the Quakers as he finished with four goals and one assist.
- Emory & Henry spoiled the shutout with a pair of scores in the final 20 minutes. Freshman midfielder Ryan Boyette (Fredericksburg, Va.) put the Wasps on the board at the 70:47 mark as sophomore Ethan Taylor (Powhatan, Va.) picked up the assist.
- Boyette then served up a ball with 4:52 remaining for freshman defender Greg Horne (Bedford, Va.) to strike home for the 8-2 final margin.
- Emory & Henry remains at home on Saturday when it hosts Randolph College at 1:00 p.m.