EMORY, Va. – The Randolph College Men's Soccer Team (7-5-1, 2-2 ODAC) broke open a scoreless match at halftime to pick up a 4-0 win over Emory & Henry College (6-6-2, 0-4 ODAC) Saturday afternoon in an Old Dominion Athletic Conference matchup.
The match served as Senior Day for the Wasps, who honored Morgan Moser (Sweetwater, Tenn.), Massimo Tager (Asheville, N.C.) and Peyton Williams (Christiansburg, Va.) for their accomplishments and dedication to the program prior to kickoff.
FINAL SCORE – Randolph 4, Emory & Henry 0
LOCATION – Emory, Virginia
VENUE – Nicewonder Field at Fred Selfe Stadium
RECORDS – Emory & Henry (6-6-2, 0-4 ODAC); Randolph (7-5-1, 2-2 ODAC)
How It Happened
- The two teams battled through a scoreless opening 45 minutes but the WildCats outshot the Wasps, 12-2, before the break.
- RC got on the board at the 54:20 mark as Noah Carney found paydirt, assisted by Frankie DiOrio.
- Carney made it a 2-0 contest less than three minutes later as Evan Blow crossed a ball in from the right for the assist.
- Blow got a goal of his own just after the hour mark as Daniel Over provided the helper for a 3-0 lead.
- The WildCats capped the scoring with 8:02 remaining as Alex Reyes put his name on the match report thanks to a pass from Jamie Dickson.
Emory & Henry Individual Leaders
- Freshman Spencer Scott (Stephens City, Va.) posted 11 saves in the match.
- Sophomore midfielder Ethan Taylor (Powhatan, Va.) put a pair of shots on target for the Wasps.
Washington and Lee Individual Leaders
- Carney scored his two goals on five shots while Blow also had five chances on his way to a goal and an assist.
- Zach Aylor played the opening 75 minutes in goal, making three saves as he and Cody Toews combined for the shutout.
- Emory & Henry will visit Randolph-Macon College on Saturday, September 19 for a 1:00 p.m., match.