BRIDGEWATER, Va. – The Emory & Henry College Men's & Women's Cross Country Teams got the 2019 season off to a start Friday afternoon at the Bridgewater Cross Country Challenge.
MEN'S RESULT – NTS
WOMEN'S RESULT – NTS
LOCATION – Bridgewater, Virginia
VENUE – Bridgewater Cross Country Course
The Men – 3 Mile
- Junior Conor White (Warrenton, Va.) broke onto the scene with a third-place finish, completing the three-mile course in 16:33. It was White's first collegiate cross country race.
- Freshman James Guthrie (Dublin, Va.) also made his debut, posting a 19:07 to finish 34th overall. Sophomore Lucas Biggerstaff (Knoxville, Tenn.) and sophomore Henry Quesenberry (Christiansburg, Va.) cracked the top 50 at 46th (20:44) and 50th (21:01), respectively.
- Virginia Wesleyan University's Skyler Lattuca won the race by 33 seconds, stopping the watches in 15:39. Washington and Lee University took home the team title with five runners in the top 10 and three in the top five.
The Women – 4K (2.5 miles)
- Junior Alette McGuire (Chesapeake, Va.) paced the Wasps with a time of 17:15 to finish 26th while senior Erica Grupp (Charlottesville, Va.) was 31st in 17:31.
- Laura Webb of James Madison University won the event in 14:49 as she led the Dukes in sweeping the team title. JMU took 13 of the top 15 places.
- Emory & Henry will be back in action on Saturday, Setpember 14 when it competes in the Old Dominion Athletic Conference Preview Meet. The meet will take place at Green Hill Park in Salem, Virginia, hosted by Roanoke College.