ARLINGTON, Va. – The Chatham College Women's Soccer Team (1-0) picked up a 4-0 victory over Emory & Henry College (0-1) Friday in the first day of the Marymount Invitational.
FINAL SCORE – Chatham 4, Emory & Henry 0
LOCATION – Arlington, Va. – Long Bridge Park
RECORDS – Chatham (1-0, 0-0 PAC); Emory & Henry (0-1, 0-0 ODAC)
How It Happened
- Chatham's Katelyn Seig took a pass from older sister Megan Seig to put the Cougars up 1-0 just 2:14 into the contest.
- Megan Seig tallied a hat trick in the opening 45 minutes, scoring three goals in 6:58. Two of her tallies were unassisted with the middle one coming via an assist by Emily Nolan.
- The E&H defense settled into its rhythm after the first 30 minutes of play, holding Chatham scoreless for the final hour of the match.
Chatham Individual Leaders
- Megan Seig led all players with three goals and an assist, scoring in the 20th, 24th and 27th minutes.
- Katelyn Seig had the fourth goal for the Cougars while Emily Nolan notched an assist.
- Elayna Burdelski and Emmory Tardivo combined to earn the clean sheet for Chatham, each playing 45 minutes in the net.
Emory & Henry Individual Leaders
- Sophomore Kieran Liseski (Mooresville, N.C.) and junior Kayla Wright (Franklin County, Va.) split time in goal, each playing 45 minutes.
- Liseski made six saves in the first half, facing 15 shots while Wright had three saves on nine attempts by Chatham.
A Deeper Look
- Chatham took 24 shots on the night, putting 13 of its attempts on goal.
- The Cougars also led by a 6-1 margin on corner kicks and were called offside once during the match.
- The contest was the first-ever meeting between Emory & Henry and Chatham in women's soccer.
- CU Head Coach Betsy Warren and E&H Head Coach Linda Schirmeister-Gess both coached for the Pennsylvania West Soccer Association ODP during Gess' time as an assistant at Alleghany College.
- Emory & Henry will face the host Marymount University Saints in the final day of the Marymount Invitational on Saturday at 4:30 p.m.