EMORY, Va. – The Washington and Lee University Women's Soccer Team (12-3-1, 8-1-1 ODAC) scored twice in both halves en route to a 4-0 Old Dominion Athletic Conference win over Emory & Henry College (4-12-1, 1-7-1 ODAC) Saturday afternoon. Prior to the start of play, the Wasps honored their three seniors competing in the final home match of their careers.
FINAL SCORE – Washington and Lee 4, Emory & Henry 0
LOCATION – Emory, Virginia – Fred Selfe Stadium
RECORDS – Emory & Henry (4-13-1, 1-8-1 ODAC); Washington and Lee (12-3-1, 8-1-1 ODAC)
How It Happened
- The Generals got on the board in the 14thh minute as Kelsey Jervis took a strike from the top left corner of the box.
- W&L made it 2-0 at the 16:29 mark when Tricia Jessee found Chandler Wickers with a cross to the back post inside the six-yard box.
- Jessee scored a pair of second-half goals in the 47th and 51st minute to give the Generals the 4-0 victory. Kelsey Anderson was credited with the assist on the goal at the 50:08 mark.
Emory & Henry Leaders
- The Wasps got shots from sophomore midfielder Robbi Rodemann (Evington, Va.) and sophomore defender Lauren Fleming (Troutville, Va.)
- Junior goalkeeper Kayla Wright (Franklin County, Va.) made 10 saves, playing the opening 77 minutes of the contest.
Washington and Lee Leaders
- Jessee finished the game with two goals and an assist, putting five of her seven shots on target.
- Wickers and Caroline Peters had three shots each.
- Leeann Passaro and Maggie Nolan combined to earn the shutout, each playing 45 minutes in the net.
A Deeper Look
- Washington and Lee out-shot Emory & Henry by a 25-2 margin, putting 14 attempts on goal.
- The Generals earned 11 corner kicks in the match, compared to one for the Wasps.
- W&L was called offside on three separate occasions while E&H attackers were without an infraction.
- With the completion of the regular season, Emory & Henry will now await the release of the All-ODAC Teams.