DEMOREST, Ga. – The Agnes Scott College Women's Soccer Team (1-2-1, 0-0 USA South) scored twice in the second half en route to a 3-2 victory against Emory & Henry College (0-3-1, 0-0 ODAC) Saturday in Piedmont College's Bradford Invitational.
FINAL SCORE – Agnes Scott 3, Emory & Henry 2
LOCATION – Demorest, Georgia
VENUE – Walker Athletic Complex
RECORDS – Emory & Henry (0-3-1, 0-0 ODAC); Agnes Scott (1-2-1, 0-0 USA South)
How It Happened
- Emory & Henry struck at the 21:14 mark as sophomore forward Kelci Horner (Salem, Va.) found senior midfielder Gillian Hogg (Richmond, Va.) with a pass that Hogg stuck in the back of the net.
- The Scotties equalized five minutes later when Zoey Perchaluk took scored off a pass from Aina Stratton.
- Coming out of the intermission with the score tied, 1-1, ASC went ahead in the 50th minute with Perchaluk's second score of the contest. Skye Svehlak was credited with the assist.
- With 28:43 remaining in the contest, Agnes Scott added an unassisted goal by Caitlynn Croft to go up 3-1.
- The Wasps fought back to draw the score to 3-2 as freshman midfielder Eva Hart (Asheville, N.C.) netted her first collegiate goal at the 86:56 mark. Hogg earned the assist on the play.
Emory & Henry Leaders
- Hogg finished the match with a goal and an assist on three shots while Hart led all players with five attempts.
- Sophomore Kaela Shlevensky (Haymarket, Va.) made 13 saves in goal for E&H.
Agnes Scott Leaders
- Perchaluck's two goals came on the efforts of four shots while Croft put up five shots in the match.
- Alyssa Bayus made three saves to earn the win between the pipes, playing all 90 minutes.
A Deeper Look
- ASC held a 21-10 lead on shot and a, 16-5 margin on shots on target.
- The Scotties also led, 8-5 on corner kicks.
- Emory & Henry will complete play in the Bradford Classic on Sunday when it faces off against the host Lions of Piedmont. Kickoff will be at 2:30 p.m.