EMORY, Va. – The Randolph-Macon College Women's Soccer Team (9-0-1, 5-0-1 ODAC) remained atop the Old Dominion Athletic Conference standings with a 6-0 win over Emory & Henry College (1-12-1, 1-5 ODAC) Saturday.
FINAL SCORE – Randolph-Macon 6, Emory & Henry 0
LOCATION – Emory, Virginia
VENUE – Nicewonder Field at Fred Selfe Stadium
RECORDS – Emory & Henry (1-12-1, 1-5 ODAC); Randolph-Macon (9-0-1, 5-0-1 ODAC)
How It Happened
- Randolph-Macon broke into the scoring column early in the 22nd minute on an unassisted goal by Gabby Nelson.
- Taylor Drucker gave the Yellow Jackets a 2-0 lead at the 25:56 mark when she scored off a cross from Nicole Czyzewski.
- A pair of quick goals in the final five minutes of the opening half made it 4-0 at the intermission. Haley Silva took a pass from Sophia Basso and put it to the back post and Basso got on the end of a pass from Czyzewski less than a minute later.
- RMC scored twice in the second half for the final 6-0 margin, highlighted by a corner kick goal by Maddie Burns assisted by Drucker just before the hour mark.
Emory & Henry Individual Leaders
- Junior forward Graysen Barrs (Abingdon, Va.) and sophomore forward Kelci Horner (Salem, Va.) each registered shots in the match.
- Senior Kieran Liseski (Mooresville, N.C.) made a career-high 16 saves in net.
Randolph-Macon Individual Leaders
- Drucker finished with a goal and an assist as did Basso.
- Czyzewski notched two assists while Nelson put up a team-leading nine shots.
- Christina Newman earned the shutout in goal.
- Emory & Henry will visit Guilford College on Wednesday for a 4:00 p.m., ODAC showdown with the Quakers.