EMORY, Va. – The Randolph College Women's Soccer Team (8-5, 3-5 ODAC) opened up a 4-0 half time lead on its way to a 5-2 win over Emory & Henry College (1-14-1, 1-7 ODAC) Sunday afternoon. The contest served as Senior Day for the Wasps, who honored seniors Makayla Carter (Lewisburg, W.Va.), Gillian Hogg (Richmond, Va.) and Kieran Liseski (Mooresville, N.C.) prior to the start of the match.
FINAL SCORE – Randolph 5, Emory & Henry 2
LOCATION – Emory, Virginia
VENUE – Nicewonder Field at Fred Selfe Stadium
RECORDS – Emory & Henry (1-14-1, 1-7 ODAC); Randolph (8-5, 3-5 ODAC)
How It Happened
- The WildCats got on the board in the seventh minute when Sara Bane beat a defender with her dribble and scored from the top of the box. Bane made it a 2-0 contest at the 12:41 mark when she forced a turnover inside the box and slotted it home.
- Randolph extended its lead to 4-0 at the half thanks to an own goal and a penalty kick by Hannah Overstreet.
- Just after the hour mark, Emory & Henry broke through. Hogg gained possession of the ball just outside the area and put a strike past the goalkeeper at the near post.
- Hogg struck again 100 seconds later (62:39) when she settled a misplayed punt and played it over the goalkeeper's head for the 4-2 margin.
- With 9:34 left to play, the WildCats put an insurance goal up for the final 5-2 score. Mackenzie Collins crossed a ball in from the right side to find the foot of Sam Hablas at the back post.
Emory & Henry Individual Leaders
- Hogg scored her two goals on five shots, putting four on target, for the second multi-goal match of her career (Sept. 22, 2015 at Sweet Briar).
- Carter, junior Ashley Love (Zirconia, N.C.), sophomore Kelci Horner (Salem, Va.) and freshman Callie McMurray (Weber City, Va.) each had a pair of attempts.
- Liseski made 15 saves on the afternoon, her third straight match with 15 or more stops.
Randolph Individual Leaders
- Bane scored her 10th and 11th goals of the year, taking 12 shots in the contest.
- Overstreet's goal came by virtue of three attempts.
- Shelby Lutz made five saves as she earned the win in goal.
- Emory & Henry will play the final two matches of the season on the road.
- The Wasps will travel to face the Maroons of Roanoke College on Tuesday evening at 7:00 p.m.