CHESTERFIELD, Va. – The Emory & Henry College Men's & Women's Swimming Teams reached the midpoint of the 2019-20 season over the weekend, competing at Randolph-Macon College's Yellow Jacket Invitational. Both squads finished eighth out of 12 competing teams in a field which boasted some of the top small college programs from the Mid-Atlantic Region.
EVENT – Yellow Jacket Invitational
HOST – Randolph-Macon College
MEN'S FINAL RESULT – 8th/12
WOMEN'S FINAL RESULT – 8th/12
LOCATION – Chesterfield, Virginia
VENUE – Collegiate School Aquatic Center
- Senior Olivia Anson (Apex, N.C.) led the way with third place finishes in the 500-yard freestyle (5:18.21 and 100-yard freestyle (:54.36). She also took fourth in the 200-yard freestyle with a time of 1:59.80.
- Sophomore Cat Sweigart (Bridgewater, Va.) was seventh in the 100-yard breaststroke, clocking a 1:10.33, and finished 10th in the 200-breast at 2:34.26. Her time of 2:22.43 was good for 22nd in the 200-yard individual medley.
- Freshman Kenzie Welch (Knoxville, Tenn.) was 15th in the 200-yard backstroke (2:21.26), 19th in the 200-yard freestyle (2:04.70) and 21st in the 500-yard freestyle (5:33.24).
- Sophomore Anne-Louise Tunstall (Mount Airy, N.C.) clocked a time of 1:03.06 to take 14th in the 100-yard butterfly and was 19th in the 200-yard individual medley (2:21.09). She also claimed a 21st-place finish in the 200-yard breaststroke (2:40.41).
- Junior Lauren Trotter (Bristol, Va.) went a time of 21:19.02 in the 1,650-yard freestyle while freshman Hannah Patton (Marion, Va.) was 23rd (22:39.03). Patton finished 21st in the 400-yard individual medley, stopping the watches in 5:43.86.
- Sophomore Leah Mumpower (Bristol, Va.) took 24th in the 100-yard breaststroke at 1:14.48 while freshman Kate Prager (Concord, N.C.) was 25th in the 200-yard butterfly (2:47.28).
- Freshman Luc Grillet (Matthews, N.C.) was fifth in the 200-yard breaststroke with a time of 2:16.51 and claimed 19th in both the 100-yard breaststroke (1:04.24) and the 200-yard individual medley (2:09.58).
- Sophomore Braxton Justice (Spanishburg, W.Va.) claimed 12th in the 200-yard freestyle, clocking a 1:53.45. He also finished 14th in the 100-yard freestyle (:50.10) and 15th in the 50-yard freestyle (:22.84).
- Freshman Noah Wilson (Frederick, Md.) was 14th in the 400-yard individual medley (4:45.75), 17th in the 200-yard backstroke (2:09.49) and 19th in the 100-yard backstroke (:59.70).
- Freshman Antonio Walters (Elon, N.C.) took 17th in the 100-yard butterfly with a time of :56.00 and was 23rd in the 50-yard freestyle at :23.62.
- Sophomore Mack Henningsen (Abingdon, Va.) went a 1:56.70 in the 200-yard freestyle to finish 17th while his swim of 2:11.50 was good for 18th in the 200-yard butterfly.
- Sophomore Blake Madaris (Acworth, Ga.) finished 22nd in the 200-yard backstroke (2:15.44).
- Grillet posted a pair of school records in the 200-breaststroke and the 200-individual medley.
- The Wasps also finished with program-best times in the men's 200-yard freestyle relay (1:33.24) and the men's 400-yard medley relay (3:53.83).
- Emory & Henry will be back in action following the Christmas Holiday.