EMORY, Va. - The Emory & Henry women's team (3-6, 0-3 ODAC) shut out Johnson University, 9-0, Thursday afternoon. The win is the Wasps third victory on the season and second shut out victory as well.
- Katie Meade (Coeburn, Va.) and Kaitlyn Sheaves (Staunton, Va.) made quick work of their opponents with an 8-1 win.
- Bri Pierce (Purlear, N.C.) and Tessa Johnston (High Point, N.C.) also won by a score of 8-1 at two doubles.
- Kala Curtis (Locust Grove, Va.) and Kelsey Holt (Staffordsville, Va.) manhandled their counterparts at three doubles with an 8-3 win.
- After going down in the first set, Meade came back to force a third set. She eventually vanquished her opponent 1-6, 6-4, 10-7
- Johnston dominated her way to a 6-4, 6-1 win.
- Curtis won, 6-2, 6-1, at three singles.
- At four singles, Sheaves won two close sets, 6-3, 7-5.
- Pierce, at five singles, won, 6-2, 6-1.
- Ellington King (Versailles, Ky.) sealed Johnson University's fate with a 6-4, 6-4 win at six singles.
The women's team heads to Hollins tomorrow to play a conference match at 3:30 p.m.