EMORY, Va. – The Emory & Henry College Volleyball Team (4-11, 1-4 ODAC) dropped a pair of hard-fought Old Dominion Athletic Conference contests Saturday at home. The Wasps and Guilford College took on Virginia Wesleyan University and Randolph-Macon College in a two-court, four-match event.
RESULTS – Virginia Wesleyan 3, Emory & Henry 1 (28-30, 25-10, 25-20, 27-25)
Randolph-Macon 3, Emory & Henry 1 (24-26, 25-14, 25-8, 25-12)
LOCATION – Emory, Virginia
VENUE – Bob Johnson Court at the John Rutledge King Center
RECORDS – Emory & Henry (4-11, 1-4 ODAC); Randolph-Macon (8-6, 3-1 ODAC); Virginia Wesleyan (8-5, 3-0 ODAC)
The Virginia Wesleyan Match
- Senior outside hitter Tori Holmberg (Wake Forest, N.C.) led the way with 13 kills and two blocks while senior right-side hitter Rebecca Morehouse (Kingsport, Tenn.) had 13 kills of her own.
- Freshman middle Makayla Payne (Bristol, Va.) had 10 kills and four blocks while senior setter Sam McCauley (Glade Spring, Va.) dished out 39 assists and added three service aces.
- Senior libero Huntre Baxter (Blountville, Tenn.) led all players with 19 digs.
The Randolph-Macon Match
- Holmberg tied for the match-high with 12 kills and added three blocks against the Yellow Jackets.
- Freshman middle Keely Doyle (Lexington, Va.) had five kills and three blocks while McCauley added 20 assists and seven digs.
- Baxter tacked on 18 digs in the nightcap.
- Emory & Henry will visit Washington and Lee University for an ODAC matchup on Wednesday at 7:00 p.m.